22 August 2011

Only three more panels...

I finished the BOM Month Six panel several days ago. We were busy getting house spruced up because a re-fi home appraisal. I finished the three main blocks relatively quickly, but needed to get other chores done before filling in around them. As suspected, cutting the crooked pink fabric took a little extra time but turned out fine.

I'm just now adding it to the right side of panel five and joining four-five-six to the main body of the quilt top. I'm very excited to have two-thirds of the top's field finished. I like thinking my piecing skills have improved since the first panel.

As we close in on cooler months (please!!!), I need to consider what I want to use for binding and backing, and where I want it quilted together. For a piece THIS big, size-wise and investment-wise, I want the pros to do it. I'm not even sure what I want to do with it once it's done. I've got a few months and some more hundred-plus-degree days to think about it. (On Saturday, we tied a 1980 record of 50 days at 100˚ or more. Upon seeing a still hot forecast for several more days, I mentioned to a friend that this stopped being funny a long time ago. Understatement!)

Okay, I'm a little projectless right now. I suspect I'll come across something I've been meaning to do so don't think there will be too much of a lull in the action.


1 comment:

  1. Auntie Chickie22 August, 2011 21:05

    WOW beautiful ! I have projects you can have :)

    ReplyDelete